COVID-19 Visitor Information and Procedures
With a heart to serve, the health and safety of our residents and staff continues to be our top priority at Central Baptist Village. We are pleased to share that 98% of our residents and 83% of our staff have received their COVID-19 vaccination.
We are excited to reopen our doors to many more family members and friends. All visitors are welcome regardless of vaccination status but we do have special protocols in place to minimize risk and prevent future outbreaks.
Visitor Access (Updated June 10, 2021):
Just a reminder, it is still required by the CDC that visitors continue to wear masks in healthcare settings, such as CBV, even if you are fully vaccinated.
Visitors who are fully vaccinated and volunteer to show proof of vaccination may visit in any part of the community without scheduling a visit. You will still need to be screened when you arrive, so we ask that you plan your visit between the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. You are also welcome to use the outdoor areas for your visit, we just ask that you select an area away from other residents.
Guidelines for visitors in The Commons and Terrace who are fully vaccinated can be viewed here.
To view the visitor guidelines for Pavilion visitors who are fully vaccinated, click here..
Not Fully Vaccinated or Choose Not to Share:
Visitors who are not fully vaccinated or prefer not to disclose status may visit in designated visiting areas. To schedule a visit, please click here.
Guidelines for visitors who are not fully vaccinated or prefer not to share, can be viewed here.
General Visiting Information
Residents who are fully vaccinated can choose to have close contact (including hugs and holding hands) with their visitors while wearing a well-fitting face mask and performing hand-hygiene before and after. CMS and CDC continue to recommend that social distancing of 6 feet should be maintained outside of brief contacts, when either party has not been vaccinated.
If you have any questions please send an email to Becca Galuska at email@example.com or give her a call at (708) 583-8519.
We continue to strictly follow the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention which include:
- Screening: everyone who enters our community is screened for exposure, signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Visitors will be excluded under the following conditions:
- Measured body temperature of 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or more
- Symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Diagnosis of COVID-19 and have not completed the appropriate period of isolation
- Those who have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 infection in the prior 14 days regardless of their vaccination status
- Those who have traveled internationally within the past 14 days regardless of their vaccination status, unless the visitor presents a negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to visiting
- Those who are unvaccinated and have traveled to or from an orange state in the U.S. within the past 14 days, unless the visitor presents a negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to visiting
- Hand hygiene: hand sanitizer is readily available throughout our community.
- Face covering: universal masking is required in our community.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet between persons.
- Cleaning and disinfecting: continuous cleaning of high touch surfaces and enhanced disinfection procedures.
- PPE: sufficient supplies of essential PPE are maintained.
- Testing: employees are currently tested once a week, and residents are tested if there is the possibility of exposure or they display symptoms.
Communication: Recognizing that transparent communication is imperative, we continue to provide updates to families. If you would like to receive the updates, please click here.
Our protocols for residents moving into the community continue to change as we receive new updates from CMS and the Illinois Department of Public Health. To speak with someone in the Marketing Department to learn more about the procedures and find out if Central Baptist Village is a good fit for you or your loved one please call (708) 583-8500.
We are humbled and encouraged by all of the support we are receiving. We are especially thankful for the expertise of our Board and Medical Director, cooperation of the residents, trust of our family members, and most of all, the hard work and sacrifices of our dedicated staff members. As a community inspired by faith, we are fortunate to have an abundance of kindness, grace and joy. It is the combination of these factors that makes Central Baptist Village a community with heart and a wonderful place to live.
Together we will get through this.
Dawn Mondschein, CEO