COVID-19 Visitor Information and Policies
(UPDATED December 27, 2022)
With a heart to serve, Central Baptist Village keeps the health and safety of our residents and staff as a top priority. All visitors are welcome, regardless of vaccination status, but we do have special protocols in place to minimize risk and prevent future outbreaks.
Out of an abundance of caution, we continue to require all staff, residents, and visitors to wear face masks.
We continue to strictly follow the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention, which include:
- Screening: everyone who enters our community is screened for exposure, signs, and symptoms of COVID-19. Visitors will be excluded under the following conditions:
- Measured body temperature of 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or more
- Symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 10 days
- Diagnosed with COVID-19 and have not completed the appropriate period of isolation
- Close contact within the past 10 days with someone who has COVID, regardless of vaccination status
- Hand hygiene: hand sanitizer is readily available throughout our community
- Face covering: universal masking is required in our community
- Testing: residents are tested if there is the possibility of exposure or if they display symptoms
- Communication: recognizing that transparent communication is imperative, we continue to provide updates to families when COVID cases occur in our community. If you would like to receive the updates, please click here.
All visitors, regardless of vaccination status, are welcome at Central Baptist Village.
Face masks must be worn at all times except when eating or drinking.
Individuals who develop any COVID-19 symptoms within 3 days of visiting CBV must contact us immediately at (708) 583-8500.
Visitors are allowed in the Commons dining room during mealtimes.
Visitors are welcome to dine in the Village Café, but please do not share a table with anyone except your loved one(s).
If you are visiting a resident on quarantine or isolation, we encourage you to take extra precautions. Please see a Resident Services or Nursing staff member for special instructions.
Our protocols for new admissions into our community continue to change as we receive updates from CMS and the Illinois Department of Public Health. To speak with someone in the Marketing Department to learn more about our admission policies and find out if Central Baptist Village is a good fit for you or your loved one, please call (708) 583-8500.