COVID-19 Visitor Information and Procedures
With a heart to serve, the health and safety of our residents and staff continues to be our top priority at Central Baptist Village. We are pleased to share that 98% of our residents and 83% of our staff have received their COVID-19 vaccination.
We are excited to reopen our doors to many more family members and friends. All visitors are welcome regardless of vaccination status but we do have special protocols in place to minimize risk and prevent future outbreaks.
Visitor Access (Updated May 11, 2021):
Visiting locations vary based on weather, visitor information and risk of exposure. All visits are currently taking place indoors due to weather conditions.
Visitors who are fully vaccinated and volunteer to show proof of vaccination status may visit in The Commons (Independent Living Plus) and The Terrace apartments or Pavilion lounges.
Visitors who are not fully vaccinated or prefer not to disclose status may visit in designated visiting areas.
Residents may have up to two visitors at a time.
All visits must be scheduled in advance using the links provided below or provided on our Weekly Update emails.
Click here for a fact sheet explaining the visitation process.
To schedule a visit with a resident in The Commons:
To schedule a visit with a resident in The Terrace:
To schedule a visit with a resident on the 1st Floor of The Pavilion:
- 1st Floor of The Pavilion – Fully Vaccinated
- 1st Floor of The Pavilion – Not Fully Vaccinated
- 1st Floor of the Pavilion – Prefer Not to Say
To schedule a visit with a resident on the 2nd floor of The Pavilion
- 2nd Floor of The Pavilion – Fully Vaccinated
- 2nd Floor of the Pavilion – Not Fully Vaccinated
- 2nd Floor of the Pavilion – Prefer Not to Say
Residents who are fully vaccinated can choose to have close contact (including hugs and holding hands) with their visitors while wearing a well-fitting face mask and performing hand-hygiene before and after. CMS and CDC continue to recommend that social distancing of 6 feet should be maintained outside of brief contacts, when either party has not been vaccinated.
We continue to strictly follow the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention which include:
- Screening: everyone who enters our community is screened for exposure, signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Visitors will be excluded under the following conditions:
- Measured body temperature of 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or more
- Symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Diagnosis of COVID-19 and have not completed the appropriate period of isolation
- Those who have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 infection in the prior 14 days regardless of their vaccination status
- Those who have traveled internationally within the past 14 days regardless of their vaccination status, unless the visitor presents a negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to visiting
- Those who are unvaccinated and have traveled to or from an orange state in the U.S. within the past 14 days, unless the visitor presents a negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to visiting
- Hand hygiene: hand sanitizer is readily available throughout our community.
- Face covering: universal masking is required in our community.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet between persons.
- Cleaning and disinfecting: continuous cleaning of high touch surfaces and enhanced disinfection procedures.
- PPE: sufficient supplies of essential PPE are maintained.
- Testing: employees are currently tested once a week, and residents are tested if there is the possibility of exposure or they display symptoms.
Communication: Recognizing that transparent communication is imperative, we continue to provide updates to families. If you would like to receive the updates, please click here.
Our protocols for residents moving into the community continue to change as we receive new updates from CMS and the Illinois Department of Public Health. To speak with someone in the Marketing Department to learn more about the procedures and find out if Central Baptist Village is a good fit for you or your loved one please call (708) 583-8500.
We are humbled and encouraged by all of the support we are receiving. We are especially thankful for the expertise of our Board and Medical Director, cooperation of the residents, trust of our family members, and most of all, the hard work and sacrifices of our dedicated staff members. As a community inspired by faith, we are fortunate to have an abundance of kindness, grace and joy. It is the combination of these factors that makes Central Baptist Village a community with heart and a wonderful place to live.
Together we will get through this.
Dawn Mondschein, CEO