COVID-19 Visitor Information and Procedures
With a heart to serve, the health and safety of our residents and staff continue to be our top priority at Central Baptist Village. All visitors are welcome, regardless of vaccination status, but we do have special protocols in place to minimize risk and prevent future outbreaks.
The Illinois Department of Public Health requires that all visitors continue to wear face masks in healthcare settings, including Central Baptist Village.
VISITOR POLICIES (UPDATED JUNE 25, 2022)
All visitors, regardless of vaccination status, can visit residents at Central Baptist Village. All guests must be screened when you arrive, so plan your visit between the hours of 9 am and 7:30 pm. We recommend avoiding mealtimes as guests are not permitted in the main dining rooms.
- Pavilion and Terrace residents may receive up to 2 visitors at a time in their room or apartment.
- Commons residents may receive up to 4 visitors at a time in their apartment.
- Outdoor visits are strongly encouraged, weather permitting.
- Face masks must be worn at all times except when eating or drinking.
- Visitors are not permitted in the main dining rooms during mealtimes.
- Visitors are welcome to dine in the Village Café, but please maintain distance from others and do not share a table with anyone except your loved one(s).
Please click on the links below to download a copy of the Visitor Guidelines.
General Visiting Information
Residents who are fully vaccinated can choose to have close contact with their visitors (including hugs and holding hands) while wearing a well-fitting face mask and performing hand hygiene before and after contact. CMS and CDC continue to recommend that social distancing of 6 feet should be maintained outside of brief contact when either party has not been vaccinated.
We continue to strictly follow the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention which include:
- Screening: everyone who enters our community is screened for exposure, signs, and symptoms of COVID-19. Visitors will be excluded under the following conditions:
- Measured body temperature of 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or more
- Symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 10 days
- Diagnosed with COVID-19 and have not completed the appropriate period of isolation
- Those who have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 infection in the prior 10 days, regardless of their vaccination status
- Hand hygiene: hand sanitizer is readily available throughout our community.
- Face covering: universal masking is required in our community.
- Social distancing: maintain at least 6 feet between individuals.
- Cleaning and disinfecting: continuous cleaning of high-touch surfaces and enhanced disinfection procedures.
- PPE: sufficient supplies of essential PPE are maintained.
- Testing: employees who are not up-to-date with vaccinations are currently tested twice a week, and residents are tested if there is the possibility of exposure, or if they display symptoms.
Communication: Recognizing that transparent communication is imperative, we continue to provide updates to families. If you would like to receive the updates, please click here.
Our protocols for residents moving into the community continue to change as we receive new updates from CMS and the Illinois Department of Public Health. To speak with someone in the Marketing Department to learn more about the procedures, and find out if Central Baptist Village is a good fit for you or your loved one, please call (708) 583-8500.
We are humbled and encouraged by all of the support we are receiving. We are especially thankful for the expertise of our Board and Medical Director, the cooperation of the residents, the trust of our family members, and most of all, the hard work and sacrifices of our dedicated staff members. As a community inspired by faith, we are fortunate to have an abundance of kindness, grace, and joy. It is the combination of these factors that makes Central Baptist Village a community with heart and a wonderful place to live.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Dawn Mondschein, CEO