Most of us put off doing the things that we don’t think we’ll like (making a date with the dentist comes to mind). When it comes to big changes, it’s even harder to take the first step. One of those big changes for older adults is moving to a retirement community. At Central Baptist Village, we hear everything from “The timing isn’t right” and “The house isn’t sold yet” to “I’m not sure I can afford it” and “I’m just not ready yet.”
Right now, however, the timing is perfect. Halloween is here, and Chicago’s brutal winter is on its heels. And you know what that means: High heating bills. Snow and ice. Shoveling or finding someone to shovel for you. Fear of falling on icy sidewalks or sliding on slippery roads. Calls from the kids asking if you’re all right with the snow and plummeting temperatures. Fewer trips to the store or your favorite coffee shop. Rescheduled doctor’s appointments. The list goes on and on.
Here are the top five reasons you should consider moving now, before winter sets in for the next several months:
- No need to shovel. Our maintenance staff takes care of shoveling and keeping our sidewalks free from ice, not to mention the other helpful tasks they perform in your home and around the community.
- No need to drive to stores or doctor’s appointments, or to stock up just in case. Our scheduled transportation can whisk you to local grocers, pharmacies, doctors’ and dentists’ offices, and more. Of course, we offer dining services, so you don’t even have to cook.
- No need to look at your heating bill with fear — heat is included in your fee at Central Baptist Village.
- No need for your family and friends far and near to worry about you and how you’re managing. If you like, you may want to check on them via Skype video chat using our computers or your own. If you need help setting up your computer, our staff can have you up and running in no time.
- No need to be alone. No matter how frightful the weather or the forecast, you can sip hot coffee or tea in the company of some of the warmest, most interesting people we know — our residents. And you can get as involved in our many activities as you like — from fitness classes, special interest groups, and music therapy and programs to spiritual and intellectual pursuits. It’s all here at Central Baptist Village — come rain, sleet, hail, or snow.
Don’t struggle through another winter and don’t wait for peace of mind. We invite you to join the Central Baptist Village residents who tell us, “I wish I hadn’t waited so long to move!”